You know that losing weight depends on your food habits first, much more than on your physical activity. Our team of medical experts has written many posts about weight loss: it is a kind of heavy topic and it takes tons of efforts to lose a few pounds.
In this post I want to share with you some personal tips that have become a kind of health routine each summer.
First of all, I take the summer opportunity to change my food habits.
- I stop eating processed foods, at least as much as I can. I do the effort to walk and I buy fresh food, mainly fish, vegetables and fruits. Yes, even in holidays, at home or abroad like this year.
- But don’t ask me for diet recipes! Just do a search in Google with “summer vegetable recipes” and you will get About 32,900,000 results in 0.20 seconds 🙂
- I avoid eating hot. We have automn and winter for that. Get rid of these hot foods, let down meat for a while and eat delicious salads (cold rice salads for instance), tomatos, olives, cold fish like salmon or sardines that are full of omega 3, etc… By the way, find the right salad dressing! Or your efforts would mean nothing.
- I reduce alcohol. Very strict rule: no beer at all! And no strong alcohols either, like gin, whiskey or vodka. From time to time I indulge myself in drinking light wines that are good for health due to their antioxidants. This is maybe the only case I know where something good is not bad for your health!
- Last point: I drink a lot! Only water 😉
In-parallel I increase my physical activity.
- I have to do raise the level because I run less in summer, not due to a lack of time but because of the hot weather. You know my opinion about this huge fake excuse not to run (or to exercise in general). Come on, you have time to eat (half an hour or even more, one hour), you have time to watch TV (60 minutes series or 90 minutes movies) and you can’t find 10 minutes for your health? Seriously…
- Last but not least: swimming! It’s the right time and weather to do it! Either alone for intensive cardio sessions, or with the family for the fun and believe me, with two teens and one gremlin, you also burn a lot of calories 🙂
As you can see, these tips are common sense if your weight loss basics are good. It doesn’t mean that they are easy to apply: in many cases I see families in holidays who take the easy way to fast food restaurants even if they are abroad and I guess that parents want to please their children or they just want to go to known places – the famous Yellow M, you see what I mean?
This makes me think of the reaction of a friend of mine when I gave him my advice. He kept repeating: I know that, ok, tell me something I don’t know! etc… I got him with this argument: there is a big difference between knowing and doing! Ok, you know all these tips, well, just do it now! What are you waiting for? Action! At least start to adapt your food habits! He doesn’t visit us anymore 😉
Don’t be like him: if you really want to lose weight during summer, try these tips. You will be rewarded soon.
That’s all for now, I wish you a wonderful time for the last summer days, have a good time, relax and enjoy these good moments with your family and friends.
© 2011-2013 Ephedrine, Where To Buy? All rights reserved.
In many companies, people join at lunch time to run together and they have full support from their employer. Starting from showers and locker rooms to wellness programs and incentives, many companies are encouraging healthy living through physical activity promotion, as explained in our post, Don’t Pay For Weight Loss, Get Paid Instead!
In fact your boss is not a philanthropist, he just cares about the bottom line: a healthy employee is happier, more effective, less ill, earning more and costing less. It is a real win-win where you will get incentives to be healthier and your company will pay now for your long term health results. Here I would like to detail all the advantages that you will get from running at lunchtime.
Mutual Benefits of Running at Work
If you have this opportunity, congratulations! It means that your company is cool and you have a win-win here with many benefits:
- You will make new connections at your job because running is team-building, it’s a great way to bond with co-workers.
- Running might even help your career through networking and building professional relationships: many business points are discussed between runners on the road.
- You will have a better image internally because of your willpower.
- You are jogging, it means to all that you take care of yourself, you do things that other people would like to do but don’t dare, in other words you’re a winner 🙂
- Important benefit: running at lunchtime is saving private time. It might even take a bit longer than the lunch hour, in that case you are supposed to find a compensation, for instance staying a bit longer. In fact, considering all previous points about your new image you will see that you have the sympathy of all people here and after a while, you will see that running a bit more is acceptable. Don’t get me wrong: I am not saying that you should steal time at work to run, I just say that jogging at lunchtime is saving personal time without cheating with your company. Remember that your employer is allowing it and even promoting it. All parties find a benefit as you can see in all objectivity in this list.
- As a result, you will transfer private time to the working day: during your lunch hour you are stuck at work anyway, so why not using this hour for your health instead of exercising after work. It is very useful to all here, but first to women: let’s be honest, we all know who is taking the big part at home and who has a “double day”.
- You will also train on a regular basis because everything is planned in advance, you have to prepare your clothes the day before or in the morning, so when it’s lunchtime and colleagues begin to gather, you don’t hesitate and you just do it. In other words, incorporating your running into your daily routine will markedly improve the regularity of your exercising.
- Your human resources department and your employer are cool because they promote health and allow you to run at work, be fair in return, ask the marketing guys to give you corporate T-shirts to promote your company outside 😉
- During your jogging you can brainstorm new ideas or even have a kind of meeting on the run, rather than in a boring conference room.
- All lunchtime runners will tell you that jogging is a good way to break up the day, to lower stress and to get re-energized instead of that afternoon slump.
To sum it up, if you can run during lunchtime in your job, do it!
If you are just beginning, run with beginners and pick up our first exercising program here. Remember to get ephedrine before Day One and just follow our recommended safe dosage here (it is meant for an EC stack but you can ignore the caffeine for the moment and just follow the daily intake of ephedrine). Make sure to be aware of the risks before taking ephedra alkaloids or ephedrine HCL. Take your tabs preferably half an hour before running. Drink a lot of water before jogging and a bit during the run. Don’t neglect the warm up and slow down phases because you are with co-workers, or you will pay it with muscular soreness. Don’t forget your cushioning shoes at home and avoid the usual aches and pains that make people say they can’t run. You may also want to have some healthy snacks in your office: remember the first pillar of weight loss, Eat Less. As for all changes, the hard part is in the beginning, decision and then first step: do it! It might change your life.
© 2011-2013 Ephedrine, Where To Buy? All rights reserved.